To make application to sponsor a public event on City-owned property, the event sponsor or representative must complete and submit this application and all necessary fees and supporting documentation at least 7 days in advance of any block party and at least 30 days in advance of an event utilizing City owned property.
The City reserves the right to reject any incomplete applications. Final approval of all applications rests within the authority of the Director of Public Safety who may approve or deny any application at his/her discretion.
Please submit the following with this application:
- Payment of event fee (see fee schedule).
- Site plan/map for the event.
- With the exception of block parties, all applications must include a certificate of liability insurance with coverage of $1,000,000.00 which includes the City of Canton as an additional insured.
- Flyers and/or printed information on this event (if available).
- A letter addressing any other information or questions you may have that are not covered by this form.
Please direct your insurance agent to mail or fax a copy of the insurance certificate to the address listed below:
City of Canton – Mayor’s Office
218 Cleveland Ave SW,
Canton, Ohio 44702
Phone: (330) 438-4307 Fax: (330) 489-3282
NOTE: Please include the event name on the certificate of liability insurance.
Events in City of Canton Parks:
- Complete this application at least 30 days in advance to hold an event in a City park.
- Final approval of all applications rests within the authority of the Canton Parks Commission.
- Public Event Fee for Canton Parks is $100.00 for profit organizations and/or individuals, $50.00 for Non-Profits, and $25.00 for Neighborhood Associations of Canton. This fee includes one shelter if one is available at that site. All additional shelters at that location which cannot be used due to the event will be added to your invoice.
- Mail application, insurance and a copy of 501 c 3 (if applicable) to:
Canton Park Commission
1414 Market Avenue
Canton, OH 44714
Phone: (330) 456-4521
CHARGES FOR RESERVATION OF PUBLIC GROUNDS
Kresge Lot/Market Square (Green space on Market Avenue between 3rd and 4th St N): $100.00 (Daily)
Courthouse Plaza (Courtyard behind the Stark County Courthouse): $100.00 (Daily)
Central Plaza North (Median in the 100 Block of Market Ave N): $100.00 (Daily)
Central Plaza South (Median in the 100 Block of Market Ave S): $100.00 (Daily)
CHARGES FOR SERVICES OF PUBLIC SAFETY FORCES
$50 Per Hour Regular / $58 Per Hour Holiday
Minimum of 4 hours for all Fire/EMT services
$50 Per Hour Regular / $58 Per Hour Holiday ($20 Per Hour / Per Police Cruiser)
Minimum of 4 hours for police services
The number of firefighters, EMTs, or police officers required at the event will be determined by each department upon the receipt of an event request. Based on the scope of the event and available manpower, cost of these services will be totaled and an invoice will be sent to the applicant. Cancellation of these services must take place at least 48 hours prior to the start time of any event to receive full reimbursement.
Please make checks payable to:
City of Canton
218 Cleveland Ave SW
Canton, Ohio 44702